Your Very Important Pet (VIP)
Honey, the Dimensions Algonquin Highlands therapy dog in training
At Dimensions Retreats, we recognize how important dogs are to many of our guests. Dogs are not only cherished pets and family members, but also important partners in your lives and healing journeys. For those reasons, we welcome dogs and service animals at our properties.
Thinking of bringing your dog to a Dimensions Retreat? Here’s what you need to know:
- All VIP Dogs should be socialized and comfortable around other dogs and people. Honey, our therapy dog in training, lives on site at Dimensions Algonquin Highlands, and she will be thrilled to make a new friend. Other guests may be bringing their dog too.
- We require all dogs to be attended and on leash, when they’re outside of their cabin. You will need to pick up all waste from your pet and dispose of it in the designated bin by our main building. Need a poop bag? Just ask one of our hospitality team members!
- It’s OK to leave your dog in your guest room, but please ensure they are crated while you are away.
- Please note our housekeeping team will not enter guest rooms when there is a dog out of its crate.
- We do not allow dogs in our dining and food preparation areas, past the pillar in the lounge. Please ensure your pet is not in the lodge during mealtimes.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the lodge or ceremonial spaces.
- We ask that you share details of your VIP in advance of arrival, so we can cater to their needs.
While our experience of hosting guests with dogs has been overwhelmingly positive, we have policies in place for the possibility of issues arising:
- If a dog requires supervision due to challenging behaviour in guest rooms, we will provide this service at a fee of $150 per sitting.
- Deep cleaning will be provided in your room, should your dog create a significant mess, at an additional charge of $150. Please note that any damage will be charged on a case-by-case basis, according to the nature of the damage.
- While we go to every effort to make our property dog-friendly, please bear in mind that some of our other guests may not feel comfortable with dogs or may have allergies or health conditions that call for a dog-free environment. Dimensions reserves the right to ask you to reschedule your stay to a specified pet-friendly weekend, or to leave your animal at home.
- We trust that pet owners will manage the behaviour of their dog. Dimensions will not be held liable for any damage or injuries resulting from your pet’s actions.
Thank you for familiarizing yourself with our Very Important Pet program and being a respectful and responsible dog owner. We look forward to meeting your furry companion—we know they’ll be in their element by our lake and on our woodland trails.
Photo: Valerie Howes / wildnruff.com